Monday, October 11, 2010

Update......10.08.2010Frustrated, disillusioned, and looking towards heaven for guidance and peace of mind. (Also to keep Aunt kim from going over to Winterville and knocking some Pediatricians into next week).  My Aunt Lois died last night but she is in heaven with Uncle Buck, and  I am sure they have a lot to talk about. God Bless Eddie and his family. I talked to my Dad who was to take Gage to the MD today if he needed to go, but at 8am he had not heard anything, so I was thinking "no news is good news". Right? Wrong!  Gage decided that he wanted to add just a little extra stress to the mix this am by having 4 grand mal seizures  and turning blue.  Beth called upset and Gage had to have Diastat-Valium. Beth looked up the antibiotic-samples we were given by the Pediatrician in the office Wed and they have a contraindication with one of Gage's seizure meds and they are known to make seizures worse. HELLO.......First of all I feel terrible I didn't check it and now I am wanting to go beat up the medical staff b/c they prescribed it.  I mean some things you just take for granted but time and time again we learn that we have to check everything. Aunt Kim called Wombles and spoke with Carrie the Pharmacist who is wonderful and she confirmed that antibiotic does cause seizures but did not see the interaction with the seizure medication that Beth had found on the internet.  The medication has been given already today and will be in Gage's system 4 hours-until 2pm at peak time. This is the kicker:::: when Beth called the Pediatrician's office which I remind you I have a problem with already (my name is flagged on Gage's chart as Crazy Aunt Kim Nurse) they said that they were calling his neurologist.  However, the neurologist they told Beth-Gage has not seen in over 2 years. Kind of scary huh??? Especially since we send them a copy of everything that is performed on Gage. They had no clue who he is seeing.  Ok then to add insult to injury---she says " keep taking the medicine until you call Duke and they tell you to stop".   HELLO.  He has had 4 grand mal, turned blue, and you spoke with a pharmacist who says yes it can increase seizures but keep giving him the medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can I say STUPID.....Not going to happen chickadee......She even said 'well isn't 4 grand mals pretty normal for him?" In 2-3 hours???? What medical school did you go to???? It kills my heart to walk in and know what he has gone thru, and to know that if Gage was NORMAL he would be flown via East Care to Duke right now. But we handle it. Just like lots of others handle it, deal with it, and you know we do it with the Lord's help. As we look to Heaven to pray to keep our cool, and to pray for some relief for Gage, and pray for some intelligence to come to those "Professionals". It is ONLY thru the Lord that we are sustained. That we put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Because as I look at how groggy Gage is and realize the fight physically he has put up this week I am humbled AGAIN. He is my hero. I Pray. God bless those children and keep them in your care, and watch over them when nothing on this earth seems to be working you are working in ways we cant see.  Lord we know you are with Gage and we pray that he and Beth and ML get some relief from whatever it is that is causing his pain and seizures. Be with Eddie and his family. Praise be to the Lord and the blessings he has given us this day.  Oh, PS...Keep me from thinking really bad thoughts about people who are not as smart as I think i am. ha ha.........Love,  Aunt Kim.... 
*Beth*

No comments:

Post a Comment